Academic Affairs Business Manager
Reporting directly to the Provost, the Academic Affairs Business Manager administers the business affairs for the division of the Provost. Responsibilities include developing and evaluating operating divisional policies, protocols, and procedures consistent with University financial policies; preparing operating and project budget drafts; directing control of board-approved budget to include collection, custody, disbursement, accounting, and preparation of financial reports; establishing priority for major purchases; and monitoring division and departmental budgets and reporting significant deviations from approved budgets. Will work collaboratively with the deans and directors of each unit and work collaboratively with the Finance Department and the Budget Manager for the University.
This position is considered a "Responsible Employee" under Title IX federal regulations and "Mandatory Reporter" under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Excellent management and organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Adaptable and capable of working in a fast paced environment;
- Thorough understanding of business administration, management, and business forecasting strategies and techniques;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures;
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field.
Required Work Experience
Five (5) to eight (8) eight years of significant business/financial administration experience in a complex environment.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Masters degree in business, finance, accounting, or closely related field.
- 3+ years experience with complex non-profit funding, or state or federal funds.
- 3+ years experience with project management and leadership.
- Experience working in Banner Enterprise System and Argos Reporting.
- CPA or CMA.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Mon through Fri 8am to 5pm with extended hours as needed to meet division goals.
Posting Number: AS1347PO
Job Category: Administrator (exempt)
Desired Start Date: 04/01/2022
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Dr. Barbara Aranda-Naranjo
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Open Date: 03/10/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/18792
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-13bf7e981c85994c906eb698e764e856