Accounting Business Analyst
This position is responsible for recording, generating, analyzing, monitoring, and auditing financial transactions and reports. Also responsible for performing internal audit test work and providing support to any contracted audit/accounting firms.
This position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX federal regulations and Mandatory Reporter under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and practices of auditing.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate accounting problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to apply auditing principles and practices to non-profit accounting.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents and reports.
- Ability to prepare a variety of reports and analyses.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and use rational judgment in making work-related decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, community, and general public.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs-Microsoft Office applications, databases, spreadsheets, and/or word processing required.
- Skill in operating a calculator and/or a ten key adding machine.
- Ability to perform other related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Bachelors of Business Administration Degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
Required Work Experience
Two years related auditing experience.
Two years of accounting experience.
- Master of Business Administration or CPA.
- Non-profit accounting experience.
- Knowledge of fund accounting.
- Banner experience.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Mon to Fri 8am to 5pm with extended hours as needed to meet departmental goals.
Posting Number: AS1163PO
Job Category: Administrator (exempt)
Desired Start Date: 09/01/2021
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Associate Vice President of Business and Finance/Comptroller
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Open Date: 08/03/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/17218
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency