This ad is expired.
Accounting Technician (Business Services) 2 Positions - Riverside City College EXTENDED
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Business Services (R)
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
$5,935 - $7,211
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through:
Under the supervision of the District Controller, performs a variety of technical accounting duties related to financial oversight of grants, contracts, and categorical programs. This includes on- going technical support and training for the District's grants managers; assistance in the preparation, maintenance, and review of District accounting, budgetary, and fiscal records, documents and reports; maintaining current knowledge of contractual terms and conditions of grants, contracts, and categorical
programs to exercise due diligence in all financial aspects of the designated programs.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in business or reasonably related field is required.
At least one year of generally related experience in grants and categorical accounting programs is required. Two years of closely related experience in a school district accounting office is desired.
Federal online financial reporting systems, Federal, State, and local accounting regulations, the District's administrative software, and maintains familiarity with District grant accounting practices and procedures. Maintain knowledge of contractual terms and conditions in connection with grants and categorical programs. Methods, practices and terminology used in the grants and categorical programs area; strong proficiencies in commonly used word processing and electronic spreadsheet software categorical programs; the English language and grammar. Analytical skills required for the work performed related to grants, contracts, and categorical programs.
Carryout complex oral and written instructions; exercise due diligence in all financial aspects of the designated programs; exercise judgment and initiative; work under pressure of recurrent deadlines with frequent interruptions; operate 10-key calculator; keyboard at a speed of not less than 45 net words per minute; work effectively with faculty, administrators, staff and representatives from outside organizations. Identify and define potential problems and risks and to participate in the resolution of problems in implementation and compliance. Problem solve with stakeholders to clearly define conflicting approaches so ultimate resolution
will conform to governing rules, regulations, and laws. Analyze financial reports for accuracy and conformance to grant guidelines and regulations.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
RCCD managers and administrators, other departmental personnel, outside agencies, local, state and federal offices.
Normal office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Creates and maintains complete, accurate, and organized grant files.
2. Maintains general knowledge of grant contractual provisions and requirements.
3. Maintains complete and accurate master listing of all grants and categorical programs in fund 12, resource 1190; reconciles expenditures and revenues.
4. Monitors budget versus actual revenue and expenditures and contacts managers as needed to address issues.
5. Assists in billing process for grants and categorical programs, verifying data and reviewing invoices.
6. Prepares financial documents and supporting backup for periodic draw downs of federal funds.
7. Monitors and prepares transfers of indirect costs.
8. Provides assistance to grants managers in preparation of new budgets, transfers of budget expenditures, and Resolutions to Amend Budget
9. Assists in collecting data; reviews and verifies accuracy of grant-related financial reports.
10. Assists in year-end closing process, reconciles expenditures to revenues and creating accrual documents.
11. Assists in preparation of audit schedules and the audit process.
12. Reviews grant proposal budgets prior to submission; assesses financial impact on the District.
13. Attends a variety of departmental and committee meetings.
14. Provides assistance to program managers as needed to maintain satisfactory financial accountability;
prepares a variety of statistical spreadsheets.
15. Communicates with program managers and staff to ensure District deadlines are met; analyzes financial data and documents.
16. Reviews grant related financial documents for accuracy prior to the Vice Chancellor Admin and Finance signing.
17. Assist in preparation of Resolutions to Amend Budget.
18. Assists with preparation of final annual budgets for grants and categorical programs.
19. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
20. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
21. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Please attach your highest degree that qualifies you for this position
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated start date: December 2021
*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 3rd or 4th week of November.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources & Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit:
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency