- Budget Manager
- Go to our website »
Northwest Denver Campus
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Requested Start Date for this Position:
03/29/2023 - 12 days to go
Northwest Denver Campus
Full-time or Part-time:
Provides planning, direction, coordination and management of the Provost/Academic Affairs budget and financial planning process including coordinating the development of Academic Affairs units (to include each college and related programs) and capital programs and associated long-term financial plans.
Working at Regis University
As Regis employees, we embrace our Jesuit Catholic values of respect, inclusion and equity, and welcome employees, faculty and students from all faiths and cultures. Together, we perform our duties in alignment with the mission of the University and seek dedicated individuals to contribute to and strengthen that mission and our service to students.
Take a moment to consider our Total Rewards package:
- A generous tuition benefit for employees, spouses, and dependents
- Paid Mission leave to give employees time to volunteer in the community
- Options for flexible work
- Additional time off each year when the University closes for Winter Break
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter and list of references with your application. Current employees, please submit an application by logging into Workday. Click on the Career Worklet and access the internal site.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- The responsibilities of this position include leading and organizing the budgeting and forecasting functions of Academic Affairs units, including day-to-day analysis of unit budget and communication of accurate and timely information to units' senior management.
- Leads the process for the Provost's Office to perform and complete the annual academic budget; manages monthly monitoring activities; oversees maintenance of the staffing pattern; performs, budget analysis; compiles and provides historical financial and budget data to administrators; develops revenue forecasts; oversees development budget-related reports to assist unit staff manage their budgets; provides training, design and implement communications regarding the academic revenue and budget, direction and assistance and understanding to academic personnel in managing budgets; develops ad hoc analyses, scenario analysis and programmatic ROI models as needed.
- Duties include analyzing and reviewing budget practices; assisting deans and program directors in the development of efficient and effective systems and methods to improve financial management of their programs; reviewing and implementing management reporting and budget projection processes and presenting recommendations to senior management regarding the outcome of analysis.
- Provides accurate, timely information and analysis to senior management and program managers and other external stakeholders.
- Leads academic affairs in financial planning and analysis, strategic allocation of resources and ongoing budget control.
- Guides academic affairs unit leadership in aligning unit resources to the strategic plan and provides ongoing analysis and guidance regarding academic affairs' financial position and its effect on the university's ability to achieve its mission.
- Provides thoughtful analyses and proposals to improve budgeting processes and resource allocation decisions.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to budget managers on day-to-day management of resources and budget reporting requirements; provide accurate and timely monthly budget reports; and analyze and monitor expenditures and budget variances.
- Conduct budget training sessions for unit budget managers.
- Design and maintain budgeting tools for unit budget managers.
- Assist unit budget managers in the development of analyses to justify and support decision items, supplemental and other budget initiatives or change requests; analyze decision items for financial impact and develop recommendation for inclusion or exclusion from annual budget.
- Manage the staffing and requisition process and position control database; analyzing and monitoring the academic FTE; analyze staffing requests and recommend action; and manage and perform data reporting using Workday, Colleague and Synoptics systems.
- Review grant proposal budgets for accuracy and presentation.
- Work closely with Financial Affairs Office, in support of financial and budget reporting.
- Manage grants at the pre and post award level.
- Develop budgets for sponsored research proposals. Other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, economics, college administration or a closely related field
- Five years of increasingly professional experience in budgeting, business, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including excellent Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups, including students, faculty, staff and technicians
- Extensive knowledge of budgeting, good business practices and business analysis
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience with Colleague, Synoptics or Workday HCM preferred
- Experience with grants preferred
To view our Benefits Guide use either the link or the web address below.
Benefits Guide - Fiscal Year 22-23 or
$59,700 - $79,600 /annually commensurate with qualifications.
To apply, visit https://regis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RegisUniversity/job/Northwest-Denver-Campus/Budget-Manager_R003170.
Since 1877, Regis University has been using our Jesuit background to provide an education for men and women of all ages and faiths and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Inspired by St. Ignatius Loyola, the mission of Regis University is to educate men and women of all ages to make a positive impact in a rapidly-changing global society. We encourage our students to seek truth, live purposeful lives, and continually examine and attempt to answer the question: "How ought we to live?" Regis University's Northwest Campus is the main campus and administrative hub, located in Denver, Colorado. Regis University has three additional campuses in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Thornton, Colorado and the Denver Tech Center, as well as distance learning initiatives.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d1e3fe426b5e4a40bd4f33c952ee6e6b