- Sr Financial Planning Analyst
- Go to our website »
Sr Financial Planning Analyst
Close Date: 15-May-2023-EXTENDED
Salary Range: $60,000 - $70,000 per year; DOE
EdPlus at Arizona State University is recruiting for a Sr Financial Planning Analyst within its Finance team. This individual will support the EdPlus budget and financial planning function including budgeting, financial reporting, account reconciliations, journal entries, internal control compliance, and other related financial and operational functions.
EdPlus is a unit of the ASU Enterprise focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education. We advance the economic, social, cultural, and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU.
EdPlus at ASU
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. Click here to explore options.
- Financial Security
- Family Resources
- Tuition Reduction (Eligible ASU Employee, their dependents and spouse.)
EdPlus Finance & Business Admn
- Performs detailed cost and financial analysis, forecasts, and projections.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data for decision making and planning.
- Primary responsibility for Workday and Adaptive Planning data entry and EdPlus account reports including budgeted and actual.
- Monitors account expenditures, maintains and reconciles account budgets, and evaluates which are within the budget guidelines.
- Develops models for financial planning and decision making.
- Prepares reports and presentations for review.
- Complies, maintains, analyzes, and interprets data.
- Communicates with EdPlus and ASU staff on their plans, and answers policy, budget, and procedure questions.
- Identifies areas of concern and recommends appropriate corrective measures.
- Provides technical assistance in the design of management report and reporting systems and related forms and documents.
- Assists in the annual and quarterly budget process and preparation of operational and budget worksheets.
- Participates in audits.
- May lead other staff in performing duties.
- Assumes or coordinates other duties or projects as assigned or directed.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Bachelors degree in a related field and three (3) years of experience in conducting research, statistical analyses or planning; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a bachelor's degree or higher in accounting or a related field.
- At least one year of Workday and Adaptive Planning experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Experience in preparing financial and management reports on a timely basis.
- Experience in performing complex numerical calculations.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Experiene in working effectively in an environment subject to quickly changing and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Experience at ASU or other institution of higher education.
- Experience in analyzing complex data and problems.
EdPlus at ASU is located at SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. The center houses a diverse business community that links technology, research, education, and entrepreneurship to position ASU and Greater Phoenix as global leaders in the knowledge economy.
Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate-controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing. Daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required. Ability to clearly communicate verbally in English, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties. Regular review of completed tasks.
EdPlus at ASU supports flexible work options, ranging from alternate work schedules to hybrid remote work schedules, subject to approvals per ASU policy.
EdPlus defines itself through a culture of curiosity, risk-taking and refusing to accept the status quo. As a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education, our commitments support the university charter. ASU is a national service university and aspires to accelerate positive social outcomes through the seamless integration of cutting-edge technological innovation and scalability.EdPlus employees are valued, respected, and encouraged to be their unique selves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in everything we do. We know that our ability to deliver high-quality services and educational experiences is strengthened by the diversity of our employees. Our innovative culture drives outcomes through serving learners, achieving milestones, striving for excellence, solving problems, feeling a sense of urgency, and being bold.EdPlus at ASU
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASUs Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance - For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
How to Apply
To view the full description and to apply, please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4749925
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency